Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My first day

I travel far, I am born to
miles I flew to reach a land
of green, brown and blue
"Israel" said the map, ...where i don't know.

Within all haze, i saw a drop
pristine, chase...innocent flying past me.
I touched her, did I? No...i cann't
she was as pure as the sabbath next day.

Eyes, never seen before as calm as Kiryat
piercing my soul, her gaze made me sweat.
Mediterranean shall shy from her eyes
with the depth and the shine under the morning sun.

Spring had no courage nor the passion
to smile before her, like Negev before Galilee
Her curly locks made the clouds jealous
thundering down with a burst of wrath.

I see her long, bite her lips, petals i call
cheeks getting pink with smile, dreamy eyes!
do i think of her, or she makes me think
a mystery as she is herself.

I still see her ...with my eyes under the sun
in my dreams under the stars
but am still far, miles away
and wait for the day when her heart will sway...





Akshay Vajpayee
(PS: this poem is completely work of fiction)


1 comment:

Ajay Rathore said...

Hi Akshey, I'm Gp Capt Ajay Rathore, the Defence Attache of India, in Israel. I'm seeking information on the Technion International School of Engineering, for my son. Could you kindly let me know your contact no, so I can call you and discuss the course options, requirements etc. You can reach me on 0544220144 or by email on ajaxrathore@gmail.com or indeftel@indembassy.co.il. Thanks and regards, Ajay